Situated in the foothills of the Santa Lucia Mountains, the city often referred to by locals as SLO has much to offer for both solo travelers and anyone coming here with besties, buddies, or anybody else wishing to enjoy the best of what Central California has to offer in a relaxed, friendly, and inviting setting. San Luis Obispo is definitely a good place to take a trip with your friends, and here’s why.
Paso Robles, Edna Valley, and Arroyo Grande are the three wine regions within the San Luis Obispo area. Many of the wineries in these places have tasting rooms and picnic areas where you can sample award-winning wines with your friends during your trip. You can also book a group wine tour online before you come. After a full day of wine tasting, the whole gang will be ready to head back to your boutique hotel near San Luis Obispo ready for some rest and relaxation by the pool or spa.
There are some SLO experiences that just have to be enjoyed in person rather than hearing about them later or seeing them highlighted in selfies. You and your friends can make San Luis Obispo your base and enjoy daytime adventures that could include any of the following destinations:
• Avila Valley Barn – This family-owned farm offers pony and tractor rides, hay mazes, and an assortment of BBQ delights and fresh produce.
• Ravine Waterpark – Located in nearby Paso Robles, this is a waterpark where you and your friends can spend the day splashing or sliding away or relaxing in the wave pool.
• Bishop Peak – This popular hiking destination can be a great way to treat yourself and your friends to amazing views, especially when you reach the top. The Irish Hills Natural Reserve also has some rewarding trails if you and your friends prefer a trip centered more around outdoor adventures.
If you and your friends prefer to heat things up when the sun goes down, San Luis Obispo has plenty to offer. The city has an assortment of clubs, bars, pubs, and other happening nighttime destinations—many of which are located in and around the downtown area.
Flanked by 80-plus miles of coastline, San Luis Obispo is a beach lover’s paradise. This fact alone can make a trip to SLO with your friends even more enjoyable. Pismo Beach is ideal for a classic beach outing with your besties. Sand volleyball, kayaking, and fishing are just some of the group activities you and your friends can partake in here. When you hit the beaches, you and buddies are also welcome to:
• Windsurf or kiteboard at Piedras Blancas in San Simeon
• Take a leisurely stroll at Moonstone Beach in Cambria
• Soak up some rays or plan a camping day trip to Morro Strand State Beach in Morro Bay
Your friends will thank you for bringing them along on a trip to San Luis Obispo because of the many palate-pleasing flavors found here. From Santa Maria-style tri-tip and other specially prepared fine dining delights to seafood with a coastal touch to well-stuffed deli grinders, juicy burgers, and sweet treats, there’s no shortage of culinary wonders to be discovered in SLO.
When you and your friends visit San Luis Obispo, you’ll find so many things to enjoy that you won’t be able to do everything on your list in just one day, so make your reservations today at Sands Inn & Suites, a premier San Luis Obispo boutique hotel. Bring your friends and family members to our pet-friendly inn and enjoy our on-site gym, heated outdoor pool and spa, and free WiFi. Our staff is dedicated to making your stay a memorable one, so call us today at (800) 441-4657.